Freelance Art Director Position
Otto Design + Marketing, formed in 2000 by Mark Atkinson and Pete Leddy, has steadily grown into a thriving, full-service, SWaM-certified boutique agency. Today, a relentlessly focused and hungry team of professionals runs a robust operation from our Norfolk headquarters and our Virginia Beach studio.
As a boutique agency, we’re known for providing highly personalized service and extensive collaboration not only within our open offices, but also outside of our creative walls. You’ll know every person working on your account—from designers and copywriters to account supervisors and the agency president—and have the option to contact them at any time. This direct access increases collaboration between Otto and our clients, allowing us to improve efficiency and truly act as an extension of your team.
We are looking for freelance graphic designers for opportunities with various clients. Agency experience is a plus but not required.
In this role, you will:
- Concept, design, and produce under the guidance of the Creative Director
- Design and create print materials, promotional materials, and digital assets for web and social media
- Conceptualize digital content and marketing ideas for our various clients using established brand guidelines
- Closely collaborate with colleagues from design and marketing team
- Create and execute concept design to final production ready files
- Ensure key dates are met with completed deliverables
- Please include a link to your portfolio showcasing your work experience and skills
- Prior agency or freelance experience
- Graphic design experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Animate)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite as well (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Mac Environment
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously
- Broad knowledge of print/web design
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
Please send your resume to Ally Garner, firstname.lastname@example.org. A link to your portfolio or links to examples of your experience is required and candidates that do not submit a portfolio or link to a portfolio will not be considered.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Schedule: Monday – Friday